Yes, it has finally happened. Nagaland has started an online system for issuing Inner Line Permits for Tourists! Earlier we had to generally waste a day, or sometimes even to days going to their offices, and manually applying for the permit. Thankfully, those days are gone and now you can
Is the Nagaland Online ILP for everyone?
No, it is for Indian Tourists only from other parts of the country. If you are not there as a tourist and going for business or some other purpose, you still need to go through the process.
Table of Contents
Can foreigners get Nagaland online ILP?
Foreigners don’t need any permit at all, online or offline!
On which site do I book Nagaland ILP Online?
You need to visit the official Nagaland ILP Portal and follow the process.
What is the process of booking Nagaland online ILP?
You need to follow the steps to book Nagaland ILP.
- Open the Nagaland ILP Portal & Click the Apply Now button.
- Fill up the form with the required details including mail ID, phone number, and upload passport photograph and documents.
- They will receive your application and check the details and decide whether to accept or reject (No reason for rejection if you have provided clear and correct information).
- You will get approval/rejection information via Mail and SMS. If approved, you will also get a link for online payment.
- Follow the given link and make your payments.
- Once your online payment is received, you will receive the ILP that you can download or print.
- For convenience, make multiple photocopies of the permit as it can be asked at various points, especially if you plan to go beyond Kohima and into the interiors of the state.
What Documents Do We Need to Provide?
You need to provide a copy for an ID card such as Aadhaar, Voters ID, Driving License, Passport, Government ID, Student ID, etc. Ideally, they want it in JPG format. So, you can simply take a photograph and upload it. Make sure that your name and address is clearly visible in the ID.
You also need to provide a photograph of you. It should be in JPG/PNG format and the maximum size should be 500 KB. If you have larger files, resize them. If you don’t know how to do it, please do some research and learn. It is a very useful thing to know.
Is PAN Card a valid Document?
They mentioned PAN in the site too but PAN does not have your address written on it. So, they will need something else for the address. In short, avoid it and provide something that also has your address.
For How Many Days Can We Get Tourist ILP in Nagalnd?
You can get this ILP for a maximum of 30 days.
How much is the fee for booking Nagaland online ILP?
There are two slabs for the online ILP Fee.
For 1-15 days you pay INR
For 16-30 days you pay INR
This is more or less about it. It is very simple. I have not personally tried it yet but will do soon and let you known how much time it takes for the approval process.
So, what are you waiting for? ILP was the biggest heartburn for Indian tourists in Nagaland and now it has become very easy. So, check this Nagaland Travel Guide and start planning your trip.